Here in this post, we discuss Healthy almond beets muffins recipe. A couple of months ago I bought sac of beets to make a soup, and I had bunch beets left, every time I opened the refrigerator they were eyeball on me lol, I was want to use them for something different…
I decide to go for some sweet that will still be healthy and nutritional, because of my lifestyle I’m not having, junk or sugar I still want to enjoy something sweet once in a while.. so I made those AMAZING beets muffins, that literally turn great from the first try, they rose perfectly, they are sugar and flour free I didn’t even put any oil in them, I honestly forgot but its turned delicious and moister without oil.
Yes… I’m one of those… getting creative in the kitchen, and love to do experiments and come up with my recipes.
I made those muffins a few times already and it turned great, but this time It’s passed the “final exam” lol…
It was my 5 years old birthday party; I did use with the same recipe to make a birthday cake, over 20 kids had my healthy cake and enjoyed it, cleaned the plate!
Well, most of them, I will say about 80% finished the cake and loved that. I will take it lol, not to bad for a healthy sugar-free cake with tons of nutrition. Kids are not lying! It’s a fact.
One more thing I noticed it was so easy to cut the cake; it was perfect texture didn’t felt apart, or anything was very moister and delicious.
After making the healthy birthday cake, I didn’t want to “rake” it with traditional frosting full of sugar and butter. So I tried yogurt frosting what turned delicious and light texture.
So I can proudly introduce my original one of a kind healthy beets muffins cake recipe, that will make a great replacement for traditional full of sugar cake
The mixture will make about 40 mini muffins or a 13×9 cake pan (this what I used and its turn about half of the height of the pan)
- 3 little beets
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey /maple syrup or combine both is the best
- ½ cup raisins
- 2½ cups unbleached almond flour
Beets Muffins Recipe Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and place rack in the center of the oven, I used mini baking cups and a cake pan 13×9.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, besides the almond flour.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir the almond flour with the mixture until combined.
4. Transfer to muffins or a cake pan.
5. Bake for 15-25 minutes the muffins (mine was ready in 22 minutes) and 30-35 the cake or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin/ cake comes out clean.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt 2%
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup strawberry Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 4 tbsp lemons flour
Combine all the ingredients, whisk the mixture well.
freeze for 30 minutes and already.