I made healthy muffins for my 3 years old birthday boy, I was looking for healthy recipes that will be loved by the little ones, found a few recipes online and twisted my way as I always do 🙂 they turn amazing, very moist and delicious. I doubled the amount and got about 40 mini muffins. Its totally kid-friendly recipe, to make & eat.
* 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup coconut flour
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cool or coconut butter
* 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 shredded zucchini
* 1 shredded carrot
* 1 banana (I shredded zucchini, carrot & banana in the food processor )
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup hemp seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and place rack in the center of the oven, I used mini baking cups
2. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda hemp seeds in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup (or honey), egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until just barely combined.
5. Add the zucchini, carrot banana and raisins and stir gently until just distributed.
6. Fill each cup in the mini muffin pan Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. (Mine was ready in 15 min)